Tool Sharpening & Renovation in Edinburgh
It goes without saying that part of the Edinburgh Tool Library ethos is to make tools last. We make the most of our tools by sharing them, and this requires them to be kept in good condition. We have decided to offer a tool sharpening and renovation service to everyone. You don’t even have to be a member!
The cost is £3.50 per tools, or 3 tools for £10.00.
This covers all normal hand tools such as:
- scissors and kitchen knives
- most garden tools (shears, loppers, secateurs, and some mowers)
Saws are costed on an individual basis. We do not sharpen swords, guillotines or aeroplane propellers!
This service, like the rest of the tool library, is provided to you out of passion and generosity by amazing volunteers like Dick! So here’s too them.
- Completion may take up to a week, but normally less.
- No appointment necessary, just drop in.
- Service initially provided from our Portobello location only, and available during our regular opening hours (read more).