Tool Sharpening & Renovation.
It goes without saying that part of the Edinburgh Tool Library ethos is to make tools last. We make the most of our tools by sharing them, and this requires all tools to be kept in good condition.
For that reason, we decided to offer a tool sharpening and renovation service to everyone (regardless of whether you are or aren’t a Tool Library member).
The cost for this service is £3.50 per tool or 3 tools for £10.00, and covers all household hand tools such as:
- scissors and kitchen knives
- most garden tools (shears, loppers, secateurs, and some mowers)
Saws are costed on an individual basis. We do not sharpen swords, guillotines, or aeroplane propellers!
Just like everything in the tool library, this service is provided to you out of passion and generosity by our amazing volunteers! So here’s to them.
- Completion may take up to a week.
- No appointment necessary, just drop in.
- Service currently provided at our Portobello location only, and available during our regular opening hours.